See what people are saying about the cards:
- "I LOVE my cards!!!" -SunnyQ
- "I just saw your big announcement and had to tell you how excited I am. Those cards are fabulous!!! No more hemming and hawing trying to figure out how much fabric I need to make this shirt or those pants. Just pop out one of these cards from the wallet and the information is right there for you. Having been a technical writer in the past, I have to tell you how impressed I am with the way you presented all this information on a tiny little card. You thought of everything, and presented it in such an easy-to-read format. Your safety margin tables and illustrations of garment types that fit each category are strokes of genius! You rock! I think you’ve got a winner here!" -Anne
- "They’re awesome. They’ve already been very helpful. A day or two after I got the cards, I ran into some suiting cloth that desperately wants to be a skirt for me. It was the end of the bolt, but I referred to the awesome cards, took it to the cutting counter, and asked how much was left. When she told me 1 and 34 inches, I was able to say I’ll take it with confidence -- knowing that I would be able to get at least one nice straight skirt out of that length. Thanks so much!" -DeAnna
- "I received my order today, and I have to say, I am very impressed. I do not know why someone did not think of doing this before. Thanks for the great product and great service!" -Pam
- "Like many sewers I have LONGED to have a handy reference guide to determine yardage when I’m out shopping. I rarely pick up a pattern and material at the same time. It’s more like “Wow, do I ever love that material – I’d love to make a dress/shirt/pants ….“ – and of course I have no idea how much material I’ll need. This is going to be my constant companion! Great idea, thanks for sharing!" -Debra
- "I received my cards and just love them. As well as using them in stores, they are going to be really handy to use at home. I can measure fabrics in my stash and will have a good idea from the pictures on the cards what type of pattern styles to consider. Thanks for sharing your great idea!" -Eileen
- "The cards arrived in my mailbox today and even though I could see online how fabulous they were, I was still totally impressed with them in person. These are so awesome!! I had to fight the urge to run to the fabric store right then just to give them a test drive (and show them off a little..)" -A. Weaver
- "It’s always been said, necessity is the mother of invention, and you have proven that adage once again! I’ll never again have to recreate the dozens of lists I’ve made over the years because I left them on the cutting table at the store or fabric warehouse. But just to be sure I don’t leave these cards anywhere, I think I’ll get one of those retractable pencil cords to snap into my purse. (Does that fit the necessity adage as well?) Great idea beautifully executed…thanks from a grateful seamstress!" -Sue Christensen
- "I am cleaning through papers and found the receipt for my Reference cards. I realized I don’t think I ever thanked you! I am forever at the fabric store thinking I’m just going to pick out a piece of fabric for this ONE thing. But I always find fabric I can’t live without. I always end up buying way more than I need because I don’t know what I need! But, of course, I don’t have to tell you. This dilemma faces all fabric junkies.
Your cards are simply done so easy to follow, yet thorough so I have no problem getting what I need. Because they are plastic and not cardstock, they will last years. The artwork is fun without being cutsey or overdone. The best part is, I don’t mind having them in my purse because they aren’t bulky or weighty. Thank you for a well made, useful product! So simple and so perfect it makes you wonder why someone didn’t come up with it before! I’m glad you did!
" -Kristi M.
- "The reference cards arrived yesterday, and I love them! But, oh dear, this is going to cost me so much money... We have a wonderful fabric market in Utrecht (in the Breedstraat, there’s been a fabric market there for something like 400 years) and previously, whenever I unexpectedly saw a lovely fabric, I could restrain myself because I didn’t know how much I’d need. But with your useful cards...I shall just have to bring less cash with me!
I was also pleasantly surprised to learn how small the shipping costs were. Makes you wonder why it costs 15 dollar to ship a single Vogue pattern from the USA to Europe.
" -J. van Dijk
Read more about us on these wonderful sites: